Minutes 37th AGM – 22.11.2011
OVERSEAS TELECOMMUNICATIONS VETERANS WA
President Des Kinnersley opened the meeting at 13:10 p.m.
- President Des welcomed WA Veterans Kevan Bourke, Ron Cocker, Jim Congdon, Kevin Hills, Keith Darwin, Ray Parkinson, Rod Pernich, Andy Hemus, Andrew Jones, Geoff Goddard, Neil Smith, Jim Keenan, Leif Akslen, Ian Briggs, Ted Wraight, Paul Crock, Bob Smallwood, Bill Kay, Tore Boe, and Mal Kerwin.
- Apologies for absence had been received from Derek Walker, Reg Jones, Bernd Wendpaap, Tom McKnight, Joe Edgecombe, Graham Watts, David Dean, Mark Roberts, Mike Cadd, Don Charles and Les Bateman.
- One minute’s silence was held for the following Veterans who passed away in the period since the last AGM – Walter ‘Blue’Easterling, Wessel Koeman, Jeff Pace, Paul Kerkin, John Newlyn, Stew Taylor, Alf Rickets and Ian Reed.
- The Minutes of the 36th AGM were approved and signed as a true and correct record.
- Election of Office Bearers: President Des Kinnersley, Sec/Treasurer Kevan Bourke and committee members Jim Congdon and Kevin Hills were re-elected unopposed. Reg Jones offered his resignation as he does not envisage being able to attend in the foreseeable future because of other commitments at this time of year.
- Other business: Can members pass on details of the next meeting to others who qualify and might be interested in attending. Also, can they provide details of these people to Kevan so that he can add them to the mailing list.
- The next meeting will be held on Tuesday the 20th of November, 2012.
The meeting closed at 13:25 p.m. Lunch and drinks followed.
Kevan Bourke Des Kinnersley