Blog Detail

Maurice (Maurie) O’Connor – Passed Away Sunday 4 April 2021 – Aged 85 years

06 Apr 21
Peter Bull
6 comments

From: Gregory Sachs

A very sad message as received from Gay O’Connor, MOC’s wife.

Moc died last night. In my arms. I can’t really believe it but he has struggled so much for the past few weeks that my grief is tempered by the knowledge that his struggles are at an end and he is finally at peace. He has fought this friggin disease for 15 years and last night it won

I can’t speak highly enough of the palliative care people at Manly Waters. They have been wonderful

My poor Mocca. 😞. But suffering no more Gay x

Nick O’Connor, MOC’s son, has advised that the funeral service for MOC will be held at:

11am Wednesday 14th April

St Mary’s Catholic Church

Manly Freshwater Parish

6 Raglan Street, Many NSW 2095

Best parking will be in the nearby metered carparks.

After the service, the family has invited attendees to Canapes at the Novotel Manly Pacific on nearby North Steyne.

Nick and the family are hoping that many of the MOC’s friends and colleagues can make it to join  with them in the celebration of his life and to bid him a fond farewell. I have no doubt that there will be many stories told and we will learn many things about MOC that we did not know previously.

6 Comments

1. Peter Bull April 6, 2021 at 12:11 pm

I am deeply sorry to hear of Maurie’s passing.

He was a great guy, straight shooter and a very humane being.

I know where he will have gone.

Kind regards.
    Len Wylde

2. Peter Bull April 7, 2021 at 7:43 am

One of the best bosses I ever had the privilege to work under. Very sad.

Kind Regards
    John Stanton

3. Paul Harvey April 7, 2021 at 10:00 am

It is with very great sadness that we hear of Maurie’s passing.

My wife, Monica, her sister, Carmel, and myself all worked for MOC at various times. He was influential on each of us. Firm but fair and the best boss I ever had.

Our sincere condolences to Gay and the wider family. MOC will be long remembered.

Paul and Monica Harvey and Carmel Gallagher

4. Peter Bull April 7, 2021 at 10:05 am

My wife Monica, and I, and Monica’s sister Carmel (nee Gallagher) worked for MOC at various times and we all have fond memories of him.

Paul Harvey

5. Peter Bull April 7, 2021 at 12:28 pm

I was very sad to hear about MOC’S passing … such a lovely man.

If possible, could you please pass my sincere condolences to Gay as I remember their kindness to Gray and I during the OTC years.

many thanks and Kind regards. Bev MacDonald

6. Peter Bull April 12, 2021 at 12:37 pm

Greg Sacks was recalling:
    MO’C had written what was then known as “MO’C’s Little Red Book”. It essentially dealt with transmission levels for voice frequency circuits and explained (for the uninitiated) the meanings and uses of such terms as dBm’s, dBmO’s and dBr’s.

Bob Lions rummaged through his treasure trove of ex-OTC material has found a copy of MOC’s RED BOOK which is attached here