Message from Kerry Adams
Brian Woods kindly sent me some info on Thursday Island but I have some more questions which our members may be able to answer:
- When did Telstra close the remaining stations?
- How the New Zealand (TVNZ?) contract came into being? I only heard rumours of happenings after I closed Doonside and Bringelly and retired.
- Are there only the following 2 stations left? – Charleville (QLD) and Wiluna (WA).
- I’m interested to know about them technically and are they remotely controlled from somewhere else (AMSA Canberra??).
What frequencies do they cover? Satellite services? etc.
- What is the general setup now for GMDSS and coastal operations?
Please post your comments to answer Kerry’s questions.